Easter Bush and Beach Safari Breakaway Offer (Less 36%)
*Only available via Enquiry Button above.
A Safari and Sea Easter Getaway. Fall in love with the sounds and smells of the bush, and the beach sand between your toes, minus the crowds.
Makakatana Bay Lodge is situated on the Western shores of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park on the banks of Lake St Lucia. Explore the magic and wonder of this World Heritage Site and take advantage of our exclusive Special Rates.
Special Offers (Valid - 30 April 2021):
DBB and Full Board Rates allow you to enjoy the exclusivity of the lodge and give you the option to book activities as an extra, or you have the option to self-drive and explore on your own.
Dinner Bed and Breakfast Special (DBB) Rates:
R3,000 per person sharing per night. Only includes Dinner, Bed and Breakfast.
Full Board Special (FB) Rates:
Less 36% at R3,450 per person sharing
FB Includes the following:
- Luxury accommodation
- 1 Afternoon Wetland Game drive per day
- Teas and coffees
FB Excludes the following:
- Full Day Safaris
- All drinks, Laundry
- Park entry fees & Conservation Levy
- Additional activities (can be booked as an extra - subject to availability)
Fully Inclusive (FI) Rates:
Less 36% R4,550 per person sharing
FI Includes the following:
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals, teas, and coffees
- Safaris (see below)
FI Excludes the following:
- Bar & Minibar account
- Park entry fees and Conservation Levy
Safaris - Included in the Fully Inclusive rate: (For FB bookings - the following safaris can be booked as extras)
- Afternoon wetland game drive on the day of arrival.
- Morning wetland game drive on the day of departure.
- Minimum stay of 2-nights, where a full-day is available, we take you on a spectacular journey that includes a boat trip and western shores game drive with a picnic lunch.
- Minimum stay of 3-nights, where 2 full days are available, a second full day journey is included and we take you to the eastern shores and beach, which includes a picnic lunch.
- Full day safaris are not available on one night stays.
- Our Full Board Rates gives you the ultimate bush and beach experience as you’re taken on fabulous safari trips hosted by our passionate local guides who know the land better than anyone else.
Welcome to iSimangaliso
Makakatana Bay Lodge is a short drive from either Durban (2.5 hours) or Richard’s Bay (1 hour). After you’ve settled into your room, our experienced guides can take you on an afternoon game drive before enjoying a delicious dinner and an evening under the African stars.
Cruise on Lake St. Lucia
Our cruise along the narrows of Lake St. Lucia is a firm favourite, allowing our guests to experience the wildlife from a totally new perspective. Watch the resident hippo perform, set your binoculars on the reed birds, and enjoy the gentle breeze as you learn about the lake from our expert guides.
Bush and Beach
Dip your feet in the warm Indian Ocean at one of the most pristine coastlines in South Africa. Our beach safari includes a game drive from the western shores through to the eastern shores, allowing you to explore this amazing World Heritage Site. Where else could you spot a breaching whale, a pod of dolphins, rhino and buffalo on one trip?
Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve
The early bird catches the worm. We depart at the crack of dawn, and head to the famous Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Big Five game reserve, 75 minutes away.
Terms and Conditions
- Valid until: 30 March 2021
- Provisional bookings will be held for 14 days
- Confirmed bookings require a 20% deposit
- Full payment is required 30 days prior to arrival
- Makakatana Bay Lodge reserves the right, without notice, to release any accommodation held where the required deposits and payments have not been timeously received, and to cancel any booking, with a full refund, should exceptional circumstances arise.
- Excludes Park Entry Fees and Conservation levy of R80pp/per day.
- Check In: 13h00 | Check Out: 11h00