Makakatana Bay Lodge: 2- to 3-Night Itinerary: Family Magic and Wonder Safari’s (KZN)
Family is everything in the KZN bush. It's safety in numbers, it's loyalty for life, it's having a place - and knowing it - and it's where families have thrived for thousands of years. Your family may look vastly different to the ones found in the bush, but we're inviting you to experience a South African Safari Holiday like no other with our 3-Night Magic and Wonder Itinerary.
We understand that no family is the same, which is why we will send you a pre-arrival survey to ensure that we get to know what you love before you arrive, so that we can create your dream safari package. However, here is a suggested 3-Night Itinerary we think that your family will thoroughly enjoy!
Fully Inclusive 2 to 3-Night Itinerary: Magic and Wonder Safaris
- From R7900 per person sharing for 2 Nights
- From R11850 per person sharing for 3 Nights
- Children sharing with parents pay less 50%
- (Contact us for a DBB rate self-drive option - From R1995 pps per night)
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals, teas, and coffees
- Safaris (see Itinerary below)
- All drinks - bar & minibar account
- Park entry fees (to be paid in cash to the iSimangaliso Park)
- Conservation Levy of R80 per adult and R40 per child per night
- Additional activities (can be booked as extras - subject to availability
Day 1 - Park Western Shores Wetland Safari Drive
On the day of arrival enjoy an afternoon (15h30 Winter / 16h00 Summer) wetland drive to get a taste of this enchanting pristine park with its immense bird and wildlife on our luxury open safari vehicles.
Enjoy a drink under the magical colours of the sunset skies while absorbing the sounds and smells of the night setting in. Sightings could include giraffe, wildebeest, buffalo, zebra, hyena, white rhino, waterbuck, serval, porcupine, genet, leopard, and elephant - so come prepared with camera and binoculars in hand.
Day 2 - Lake Wetland Boat Safari
After breakfast (09h00) be taken on a safari game drive through the Western Shores to the Makakatana boat where Warwick our skipper eagerly awaits.
Enjoy a 2-hour leisurely cruise along Africa’s largest estuarine system. You will see crocodile and lots of hippo, as well as birdlife (530 Species in the area). Afterward, your guide will set up a picnic lunch served on the lakeside before return to the lodge (15h00).
Day 3 - Departure Day - Park Western Shores Safari Drive
Before we bid you farewell there is a morning Western Shores game drive for you to enjoy the wakeup calls of the park before breakfast and departure. Depart 05h30 in Summer / 06h00 in Winter – return by 08h00.
Possible extra - Day 4 - Beach and Park Eastern Shores Safari
After breakfast (09h00) be taken on a leisurely safari game drive through the Western Shores to the Eastern Shores, where a pristine beach lies waiting along the Indian Ocean iSimangaliso coastline. Here you can enjoy a swim, snorkel, and picnic lunch in the highest vegetated sand dunes in Africa, reaching 180m in height!
After a sun-charged day, you return back to the lodge (15h00) with salt on your skin and windswept hair to be welcomed back for high tea.
Terms and Conditions
- Valid until: 31 July 2021
- Valid for South African Residents or Foreign Nationals living in South Africa
- Provisional bookings will be held for 7 days
- Confirmed bookings require a 20% deposit
- Full payment is required 30 days prior to arrival
- Makakatana Bay Lodge reserves the right, without notice, to release any accommodation held where the required deposits and payments have not been timeously received, and to cancel any booking, with a full refund, should exceptional circumstances arise.
- Check In: 13h00 | Check Out: 11h00
- Cancellation fees apply on all Special Rates and Packages